- BBT's Board of Directors is comprised of 12 Church of the Brethren members who are experts in law, finance, benefits, or investments.
- Ministries are compassionately managed to provide savings for members, not profit for a corporate bottom line.
- Ministries are undergirded by a strong investment philosophy, with assets invested in socially responsible ways.
Who Is BBT?
- BBT is an official not-for-profit agency reportable to Church of the Brethren Annual Conference, the denomination's highest elected authority.
- Founded in 1943 as the Pension Board, BBT has a long tradition of caring service for Church of the Brethren members and agencies.
- BBT staff consists of people of faith who provide pension and insurance services, asset and gift plan management, and financial assistance for retired church workers in need.
- Most of BBT’s staff works from the Church of the Brethren General Offices in Elgin, Ill.